Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 20 of my Coconut Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Diet

Me and the family at Olympic Park
This diet has been fulfilling and awesome. To be able to start doing something for my body that makes it healthier and see my friends prospering in it too is more than a Christmas gift. Thanks for everyone who has been supporting me! I actually am the same weight lol. I don't know why. I had been lifting weights and toning and slimming down, but when I got on the scale today at Mama's house, my weight is exactly the same!!! Maybe it's because I just ate a huge bowl of food and I "pigged out" at a barbecue earlier today. I knew I should have weighed myself empty-stomach lol :)

However, since I have been feeling healthier, I won't change the diet. I'll just exercise more this week than last week. There's nothing wrong with doing a little bit more. This week, I will try one of the Zumba videos each day and I'll let you all know which one I chose. It's incredible to me that I feel so much lighter on my feet and desirous to work out compared to 20 days ago. My sentiments are that I am on an upward curve.

Here is the diet:


1/2 cup of organic coconut oil per day
3 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar per day
Some exercise
Anything else I decide to eat.

Tips about the diet from concerns I've heard:

1. "Nasty tasting Vinegar!!!" Ok, if you get non-organic apple cider vinegar, use about half of the amount mixed with 1 cup water. The organic tastes sweeter and not as tart as the regular kind. It's something about the way they grow and process the organic vinegar that gives it a lighter taste.

2. "Drinking oil feels weird! :)" If you can't get a hot drink with the oil, you can use something cold to chase it. The point of drink afterward is to help make swallowing the oil more pallet-able.

3. "Half a cup of oil is a lot" It's ok if you don't use an entire 1/2 cup of oil. Just a few tablespoons of oil with tea or a drink a few times per day helps get the oil in the diet. 1/2 cup is just a guide for it.

4. "I went down a dress size" If you go down a dress size, make sure you have some money set back so that you can go shopping for your new body... lol :) my pre-pregnancy clothes are good enough for me, but be prepared!!! :)

For your reading pleasure, I found a book about success and failure:

Failing Forward By Maxwell, John C.

I love John Maxwell, and his heart for people. Though he is clearly a natural born leader, he teaches leadership to those who want to sharpen their leadership skills. He is a motivator and he loves God most of all. This book talks about how to move from failure to success like I need to do hahaha!!! I am just keepin' it real. Props to all my friends whose pounds are slipping off during this diet. I am celebrating with you!!! :)



I love it. I have the strength in me now to work off the pounds, so now it's grind time! I'll see you tomorrow! =D


4 comments:

  1. love your new family pic!! "Jesus is the way" sign in the background is awesome!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to let you know that regular coconut oil is really bad for you and you should be buying virgin coconut oil which actually tastes like coconut. It is only a couple bucks more and should be right next to it on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca. I did look into this and found a website you can check out. The truth is all coconut oil you can buy at the stores have health benefits. Here is the website you can read about myths about coconut oil, and thanks for your input! :) http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/the-coconut-oil-myths-exposing-some-common-myths-surrounding-coconut-oil/

      Delete