Sunday, December 30, 2012

Day 6 of my Coconut Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Diet

Good morning fellow bloggers, today is Day 6 of my coconut oil and apple cider vinegar diet, and I feel like have shed a few pounds off the thighs. Unfortunately, my poor sleeping habits from the weekend have caught up with me. I am at home with a bellyache :(. I also ate some cajun rice and vanilla ice cream last night at about 1 a.m. (irresponsible lol). I wouldn't recommend it. But I drank my apple cider vinegar and water and am getting ready (highly anticipating it too) to drink my chai tea and coconut oil. It's hard to stop doing housework at bedtime when there's so much leftover energy! :)

I am still amazed at how slim I feel this morning though. I also don't feel the sluggish "give-up" feeling that I was feeling just less than a week ago before I started this diet. The bellyache is centralized and I noticed that everything that was in my belly was pretty healthy. My body was just responding to my poor sleeping habits. I understand that the vinegar detoxifies and the oil replenishes. So I am breathing better, simply no allergy symptoms at all. My thinking is also clearer. My nails are growing very healthy and strong. 

OK, I took a quick break and I enjoyed my soup. My belly feels a lot better, and I think I will be at 100% soon. Thanks for caring about me :) <3

Body Oils

I have been using coconut oil on my skin as a natural replacement for Baby Oil. The coconut oil is derived from coconuts, but Baby Oil (mineral oil) is derived from the leftovers after gasoline is made. Mineral oil dries out the skin and hair and is in essence toxic. So I don't use it for our five children or my own skin. I don't buy it. Instead, I use these products that do not have mineral oil, petrolatum, or petroleum jelly in them:

My favorite body/hair oils sitting on my office desk
Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil (no scent)
Proclaim Natural 7 Oil
African Pride Olive Miracle Growth Oil
African Pride Olive Miracle Moisturizer Lotion and
Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil (which smells like baby oil)

I get them at the Dollar General, Walmart, and Sally's Beauty Supply. The coconut oil is the most expensive, pricing at about $6.50 at Walmart and about $9.50 at Publix. The other oils are $4 and less. I buy all of these oils 3 or 4 at a time when I shop. They really work, and smell great!

Coconut Oil on Hair

I also use the coconut oil for my hair before I blow-dry or flat iron it. I prefer to use a thermal spray along with the coconut oil to protect my hair from heat damage, but when I run out of thermal spray the coconut oil does the job (I just use a lot!). Also, it helps make my straightened hair stay nice and flat for longer periods of time. It feels excellent on the scalp as well.

Virgin Organic Coconut Oil tastes more like coconut, and so if you use it for your skin, you will smell more like coconut. If you like the "fruity" scented lotions, that might also be another alternative, since most lotions (Vaseline, Suave, etc.) have mineral oil or petrolatum in them. The natural stuff simply lasts longer and is excellent for the skin, which is excellent for overall health.

I pray that you have a great day today, and I'm signing out (gotta go take care of the baby now) :) Blessings.



My Coconut Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Diet Facebook Group
Coconut Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment