Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 14 of my Coconut Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Diet

Good afternoon fellow bloggers, today I am loving the results of this coconut oil and apple cider vinegar diet. I feel better inside and out. I was focused on losing the weight from my baby belly, but noticed that my curves are more evident, and that I can actually suck in my belly and fit all of the pants I wanted to wear for a long time! Of course, I won't, I'd rather wait a little while since my plan is to actually be slim enough to fit them without sucking in my belly haha :)

Here is the diet plan (so simple):


1/2 cup of organic coconut oil per day
3 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar per day
Some exercise
My hair curly with coconut oil in it
(before I flat iron)
Anything else I decide to eat.

Coconut Oil on Hair

Today I want to talk a little more about the hair styling method I do with the coconut oil. I shared in an earlier blog that my I actually use 100% organic coconut oil to moisturize my hair ("nothing but the finest fruits and berries" lol) And I mentioned that I use a thermal spray. I want to also mention that I use a prep conditioner prior to heat styling that works wonders in keeping my hair from flying away or getting frizzy while it is straight. 

Here are the "chemicals" I use:




And when I do my daughter's hair, since I don't like to use conditioner with her (more chances of her getting it in her eyes when she bathes) I use the leave-in conditioner 

Jojoba Flat Iron Cream

These help her hair stay straight longer, and her hair is a little bit more curly than my hair naturally. It has a bit of a stronger smell to it though, so I prefer the conditioner for myself (it's 100% Vegan too).

Basically, just condition, dry, apply coconut oil, and then apply the thermal spray. It helps my thick hair stay straight and dry. I know this is a totally different way of using the oil from the diet, but it's great! I get the supplies from Sally's, and because I am a military veteran they give me a free membership every year. Great city we live in :) 

For your reading pleasure, I found a book about coconut oil:

The Coconut Diet  By Calbom, Cherie/ Calbom, John 


I had this book, and I handed it off to a friend. I had already resolved that coconut oil was great so I wanted to help my friend see it too. This book is so true. Coconut oil really is helping me lose weight while I eat my favorite foods! I love it! Based on the title, I should be slimmer in just 3 weeks, which is, 21 days of this diet! Wow. I'm 2-weeks into the diet, and I don't know if I ever wanna quit! I love it! :) I feel so free and energetic and I actually look forward to eating whatever I like! :) It has recipes in the back too, where you can use other coconut products as well, if you like coconut lol :)

Well, have a blessed day today and I hope this helps somebody. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment