Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 25 of my Coconut Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Diet

The promo pic for the Catalysts 4 Christ video shoot
Good morning! It's my 25th day on this diet, and I am feeling great! Just last night, we did a concert for our group Catalysts 4 Christ's very first music video, and I was jumpin' and hoppin' all over the stage... (it's Rap music). I literally had a blast and my energy endured even after the concert, for a long time!

I slept well and woke up this morning, and my body was a bit tired, so I took the 3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup water and chased it with the 1 cup of fresh water, and I had a little energy. Then, I made some cream of wheat and hot tea and had 1 tbsp of my coconut oil for the day. Already I feel energized and ready to work, and I have cooked half of dinner for the evening also. I got a lot of compliments about having slimmed down since I had had our 6-month-old daughter, and am happy to note that I actually lost 3 pounds finally this week haha! Finally tipping the scale in the right direction... :)

The coconut oil and apple cider vinegar diet is this:

1/2 cup of organic coconut oil per day
3 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar per day
Some exercise
Anything else I decide to eat.

OK, so today I have a few tips for those trying the diet (especially if you're having a difficult time with it).

1) Try the coconut oil it with orange juice.


If the tea takes too long to boil for your coconut oil and you have to rush out in the morning or something, just get a spoon of coconut oil and use orange juice (or your favorite fruit juice) to chase it down so it will be quick and you will get it in your system. It will melt later on in your tummy and within 30 minutes your body will feel the difference!

2) Use more or less oil.



No worries if you do not use exactly 1/2 cup of oil. If you get just one tbsp of it in your system per day, it will still help your body to kill candida and assist the body's metabolism. If you need extra energy, use extra spoons of oil. The more oil you use, though, the more energy you will have. That can be good or bad. If you are very tired, and you use it, you will still sleep.

*The coconut oil only assists the body by helping its natural processes. It won't throw off your sleep like caffeine would. You will sleep better, though, and wake up more refreshed.

3) Exercise.



If you want to slim down quickly with this diet, I definitely recommend some regular exercise. My first 20 days I did regular housework and some projects but it didn't make me "lose" weight, I only trimmed down. However, my close friends actually lost weight earlier on in their coconut oil and apple cider vinegar diet simply because they made the effort to do cardio, Zumba, and aerobic workouts that would help them to slim down and strengthen their muscles.

At first, we feel lethargic and are out of the habit of working out. But after some time of having so much extra energy, the desire to be more active rests in and one simply "must" exercise. I have found that this diet helped change the way my body feels about exercise. It's not as difficult anymore to get started or to break a sweat. The coconut oil and apple cider vinegar also have been helping me with my dancing, I feel more flowing and free when I move.

4) Try apple cider vinegar alternatives.



If the ACV is disgusting to you, there are other ways to get the great benefits of apple cider vinegar in your life. Try the pills, or even the pre-mixed drink as a supplement. The key is to get it in your system and let it purify you from the inside out.

For your reading pleasure, I found a book about money (everyone needs to know about money, especially when you're dropping dress sizes and need a whole new wardrobe!!!):



Have a blessed day! See you again soon :) Here's to a healthy life!





2 comments:

  1. Hi, I have read through your blog and you say that you really love this diet and felt lighter but how much weight did you lose in the 25 days? Your last entry (day 25) says you lost 3 pounds...is that all you lost in the 25 days? I don't need to know how much you weighed or anything like that just want to know what the total lost was in your 25 days. Thank you so much for sharing all this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, I essentially lost about 7 pounds the first 25 days and then hit a dropoff point where I lost 15 more, and then I found out that I was pregnant again in May 2013. I gave birth on December 31st and throughout the pregnancy I only gained 27 pounds using coconut oil on a regular basis. I apologize for the belated response and appreciate you taking time to comment on my blog John :) ~Precious

    ReplyDelete