Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 15 of my Coconut Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Diet

My <3 Purity Samiyah W-G
Good morning fellow bloggers! I got like 4 hours of sleep last night with my 2-year-old daughter who wanted to stay up until 3:30am doing little random things like taking out toys, talking to her sleeping sisters, and bringing me her sippy cup every time I'm about to fall asleep... but I love her!!! =D

At 7:35am, I got up and, at about 8:30am when I got back to the kitchen, I drank my apple cider vinegar and drank my coconut oil and Vanilla Chai tea and started mixing and mastering my favorite new song from Catalysts 4 Christ (me and my husband's rap group). It's Tight! Nevertheless, I should probably get a nap.

But I look and feel lighter today. I love the feeling. And I am much more energetic. As well, my desire to change for the better is overall stronger. I have noticed that my propensity to think negative thoughts has gone away along with the drudgery feeling that I used to feel in my body before I started on this diet. I love it! Cheap, simple, and effective. And my close friends are seeing results too. I hope that maybe Americans can all see how easy this is to include coconut oil in their diets and actually become healthier as a nation. Maybe one day, this blog will be a contributor to that cause. God bless it.

Here's the diet, just for repetition's sake:


1/2 cup of organic coconut oil per day
3 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar per day
Some exercise
Anything else I decide to eat.


Today I want to talk about something so simple. The difference between Virgin Coconut Oil and Refined Coconut Oil.

Virgin Coconut Oil
Virgin Coconut Oil

Virgin Coconut Oil tastes sweeter, more authentic, with a strong coconut flavor. It feels a little bit smoother and melts more like coconut on the in-between stage. Some recommend it over the refined version because they feel the refined version may be unnatural.

Refined Coconut Oil

Refined Coconut
Oil
The taste of the Refined Coconut Oil oil is pretty flat, in other words, it could be sweet, but it really has no flavor in comparison to most oils and especially has no flavor compared to the Virgin Coconut Oil. Because I use organic coconut oil, I usually use the refined version, simply because it is what is normally available when I go to the store. Also, it is easier to use because the flavor is more neutral.

However, I think for the purpose of this diet, either one should be fine. I've been using the refined version for the length of this diet (15 days so far). If I switch, and feel a difference, then I will report it.

For your reading pleasure, I found a book about coconut oil:

Coconut Oil By Gursche, Siegfried



This book calls Coconut Oil "The Miracle Oil for Heart Disease, Diabetes, Cancer, Weight Loss, and more." Amazing! And last night, my Mama called me and told me that Dr. Oz mentioned coconut oil on his show yesterday. Dr. Oz explained that women should use coconut oil rather than mineral oil for personal lubrication purposes because coconut oil has antifungal properties and does not cause the skin to dry out at length.

Here is an article by Charles Mattocks on Dr. Oz's website about the benefits of Coconut Oil: http://www.doctoroz.com/blog/charles-mattocks/benefits-coconut-oil Awesome read!

Well, that's all for today friends. Have a great day, and be blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment