Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 9 of my Coconut Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Diet

I have to introduce this blog with a testimony from my close friend who is doing this diet with me:

"I started this a couple of days after Precious made her post and I can say that I have more energy and my joints do not hurt in the am when I wake up. I feel lighter and my bowels have been moving regularly. With all of this being said the key to weight loss is not trying to find a quick fix but doing what is necessary to transform your body from the inside out. In addition to the coconut oil and apple cider vinegar I am trying to eat healthy and I have been exercising as we'll as drinking plenty of water. My appetite has decreased but the key to healthy living and weight loss is to make sure you are fueling the fire. In other words, the more you exercise the more you have to eat in order to give your body the fuel it needs to loose the weight. This doesn't mean you overeat but you fuel your body with healthy choices. I believe that the coconut oil and apple cider vinegar are excellent choices for overall health even if you are not trying to lose weight."

What an awesome testimony! Thanks sis for keeping me accountable with this diet. Things like this teach you about discipline. They show you just how passionate you actually are. This morning it was nice to wake up to something consistent. Sometimes life has so many ups and downs. I remembered, "hey, I'm supposed to read Proverbs chapter 2, (I read the book of Proverbs the chapter for the day each day of the month) and drink my apple cider vinegar and my coconut oil and tea." I also started reading the whole Bible, starting in Genesis. Bible.is on iPhones has this awesome dramatized reading of the King James Version that I was able to play at the breakfast table as a discussion point with my children. Great stuff!

As an aside, our spiritual health is important to build on just as much as our physical health. Adding prayer and study to your "diet" with a focus on introspection and growth can aid in your success with any health goal.

I feel healthier with this coconut oil and apple cider vinegar diet, but I am ready to knock off more weight. My muscles feel more trim and I am loving the way my body seems to feel stronger overall. I think the first 8 days knocked an edge off of that candida issue. After bearing 5 children, my propensity to have candida was much higher than it was before. I'm grateful for this diet.

Last night, I got on the elliptical machine, and I was tired after just 6 minutes of workout. It was so late. Today I'm gonna try to do some more. I can't believe how "out-of-shape" I am. My goal is to do 20 minutes a day, at least 4 days per week, until I reach my target weight. Pray for me lol.

For your reading pleasure, I have attached a book about exercise:

You Are Your Own Gym, by Mark Lauren

It teaches some good things about losing belly weight, and no, you can't lose the belly fat by just doing sit-ups (Chap. 7)!!! :)

OK, so I hope this blog has been helping somebody! :) Grace and peace to you today. Short entry... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment